The Dominican Republic is a nation on the island of Hispaniola, part of the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region. The western three-eighths of the island is occupied by the nation of Haiti, making Hispaniola one of two Caribbean islands, along with Saint Martin, that are shared by two countries. Both by area and population, the Dominican Republic is the second largest Caribbean nation (after Cuba), with 48,445 square kilometres (18,705 sq mi) and an estimated 10 million people, one million of which live in the capital city, Santo Domingo.
An amazing day of history and cultural. Discover Santo Domingo, the first city of the Americas. Stroll through yesterday's narrow walkways and set out to unveil the humble beginnings of the New World.
- Discover the capital of the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, the First City of the Americas
- Tour the 15th century colonial city
- Visit several monuments and museums including First Cathedral of the Americas, National Pantheon, Museum of Casas Reales and Alcazar de Colon
- Delicious Dominican Lunch
Enjoy a wonderful day feeding squirrel monkeys, learning about the processes of making Dominican coffee and chocolate and seeing how the locals live. An unforgettable experience for all ages!
- Interaction with the squirrel monkeys
- View amazing scenery and take beautiful photos and video
- Learn about the processes of making Dominican coffee and chocolate
- Visit a typical home where you taste all the fresh seasonal fruits
- Have an opportunity to purchase organic products such as coffee, sugar, cocoa, honey and vanilla
Visit the largest rum factory of the Dominican Republic and see its oldest fortress. Ride through Puerto Plata's street on the way to the Amber Museum. Enjoy some shopping and a delicious lunch before driving to Sosua, for a swim at one of the most beautiful beaches of the Caribbean.